Blood Pressure Questions #3
Click and hold on the answer space to see the possible answers.
Then select the correct answer and release. Answer all questions and then hit
the "Score Test" button at the bottom.
- Blood Pressure #3
1. Aldosterone is produced by
cells in the cortex of the kidney.
2. Aldosterone causes the reabsorption of sodium from the
3. Aldosterone causes water to be secreted from these peritubular
capillaries into the filtrate of the nephron.
4. Generally speaking, if sodium is reabsorbed,
then water will also be reabsorbed.
5. High levels of aldosterone will lead to high blood pressure
because of an increase in water reabsorption.
6. ADH is released by the posterior lobe to the pituitary
gland - an endocrine gland located in your head.
7. ADH targets the loop of the nephron .. to
8. A diuretic is anything that causes you to reabsorb water.
9. Ethanol (grain alcohol -found in beer, wine, etc..) inhibits
10. Ethanol is a diuretic because it inhibits ADH.. and
thus increases urine production.
Summary of Answers
If there are any blanks, it means that you didn't answer the
question. You can go back and make changes before you hit the "Score