Simple Questions about the Respiratory System #2
Click and hold on the answer space to see the possible answers.Then select the correct answer and release. Answer all questions andthen hit the "Score Test" button at the bottom.
1. Almost all the oxygen (over 98%) that bloodtransports combines with the protein hemoglobin in red blood cells.
2. One red blood cell can carry a maximum of 4oxygen molecules.
3. Oxygen attaches specifically to the ironatoms found in hemoglobin.
4. Approximately 2% of the oxygen in the bloodis carried by the leukocytes.
5. The majority of carbon dioxide in the bloodis carried by erythrocytes.
6. The most important carbon dioxide transportmechanism involves the formation of bicarbonate ions.
7. Carbonic anhydrase is a cellular enzyme thatspeeds the reaction between carbon dioxide and water, which thenforms carbonic acid.
8. Carbonic acid frequently dissociates to formhydrogen ions and bicarbonate ions.
9. Bicarbonate ions quickly attach to plateletsafter they are formed.
10. Some carbon dioxide will be directlydissolved in the plasma.
Summary of Answers
If there are any blanks, it means that you didn't answer thequestion. You can go back and make changes before you hit the "ScoreTest" button.
| Your answer. || Correct Answer |