Simple Questions about the Respiratory System #1
Click and hold on the answer space to see the possible answers.
Then select the correct answer and release. Answer all questions and
then hit the "Score Test" button at the bottom.
1. Movement of air in and out of the lungs is
2. The pharynx is located behind the oral cavity
and between the nasal cavity and larynx.
3. The vocal cords are located in the pharynx.
4. The larynx connects directly to the oral
5. The trachea is flexible, but contains hyaline
cartilage that helps prevent it from collapsing.
6. The bronchial tree consists of branched
airways leading from the trachea to the microscopic air sacs in the
lungs called alveoli.
7. Primary bronchi are larger in diameter than
secondary bronchi, which are larger in diameter than bronchioles.
8. A young adult will typically have about 300
9. Alveoli contain simple columnar epithelial
cells through which gases can easily be exchanged.
10. Surfactant is a protein that reduces
surface tension and decreases alveoli's tendency to collapse when
lung volume is low.
Summary of Answers
If there are any blanks, it means that you didn't answer the
question. You can go back and make changes before you hit the "Score