Diabetes Mellitus Quiz
Click and hold on the answer space to see the possible answers.Then select the correct answer and release. Answer all questions andthen hit the "Score Test" button at the bottom.
1. Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune disease.
2. Type I diabetes frequently appears prior to age 20.
3. Insulin is a hormone that helps sugar cross a cell membrane.
4. Type 1 diabetes is an auto immune disease where antibodies destroy the pancreatic islets.
5. Treatment for Type 1 diabetes mellitus involves injections of glucagon.
6. Where in the body are the islets of Langerhans?
7. Type II diabetes mellitus is less common than Type 1 diabetes
8. No one younger than 20 ever gets Type II diabetes in the good old USA! (Think sugar consumption and lack of exercise.)
9. People with Type II diabetes mellitus do not have functioning islets of Langerhans.
10. Diabetes sometimes forms during pregnancy, and usually ends when the child is born. (Clue - this is true!)
Summary of Answers
If there are any blanks, it means that you didn't answer thequestion. You can go back and make changes before you hit the "ScoreTest" button.
| Your answer. || Correct Answer |
WebAnatomy Main Index